I’ve written exactly 4 blog posts in 2014. In case math is not really your thing, that number is really not good.
One year ago a made a decision out of left field to leave my second job in six months. I moved into a new industry with new responsibilities. It’s been a wild ride. Most days I feel like it’s been 2 days and 20 years all at the same time.
Everyday is hilarious and terrifying and frustrating and worth it.
I spontaneously start crying significantly more than I used to. I drink a lot more wine than ever before. And I get to spend my days with some of the most intelligent and inspiring people I’ve ever known.
It’s all good.
Then January hit. I turned 29 and realized that was one before thirty (MORE MATH.) I decided this year should probably be momentous in some way.
The Movement Mission had its first annual performance in February. We raised almost $13,000 for Melanoma research. And we’ve already started rehearsals for year two.
Towards the end of winter I met this pretty great guy (COLLECTIVE GASP) and he’s turned the past six months into quite the journey.
And 2014 brought babies. SO MANY BABIES. And more on the way. Hooray!
And now we’re to fall. My favorite time of year. Yes, I’m that girl who can’t stop talking about boots and scarves and walking around outside with coffee.
So here’s a few things I’ve been thinking about lately –
1. I just cracked open this book over the weekend and can’t put it down. Great recommendation from a consultant who recently spoke to us at work.
2. I’m on a personal mission to find the perfect poncho sweater. I will find it. Suggestions welcomed.
3. We’re visiting LA in late October for a wedding. If you have any must-do’s, send them my way!
4. I can’t stop listening to this song. Aloe Blacc is a new obsession.
5. Fall parties, apple picking, the impending holidays. All of the things.
What’s on your radar? What’s making your heart skip a beat lately? Lets catch up, old friends. And lets not let this much time pass the next time.